Need 66-block help. 1 POTS line, 8 jacks

I need to wire 8 phone jacks to 1 phone line using a 66 block for my
home. I have looked and looked and all I can find are over-complicated
wiring diagrams that I do not understand. Please help me.

First of all, I am not using Cat5 cable, just regular phone cable (I
do not know what it is called). Each phone jack has 3 pairs of wires
connected to it, but I'm only gonna use 1 pair right?. All the cables
to the jacks and the demarc are already in place, I just need to
connect them at the 66 block. I have all the tools I need.

The 66 block supports up to 50 pairs (just like this one:
http://www.fourpair.com/ccp51/media/images/product_detail/66Blockwebsm.jpg).
Holding the 66 block upright and going from left to right, there are 4
places to punch down wires. The left 2 are connected to each other and
the right 2 are connected to each other like this:
1. aa bb
2. cc dd
3. ee ff
4. gg hh
5. ii jj
6. kk ll
7. mm nn
8. oo pp

For the uplink to the demarc, there is 1 pair of wires. From the top
of the 66 block, I ran one of these wires down the far left column and
the other down the far right column, punching down the first 8. I then
took one of the phone jack lines, used the blue and blue-white wires
to punch down to the 2 center connections on the top row. I have a
dial tone for the jack, but......

I get shocked when I touch the left and right connections on the 66
block at the same time. I must be doing something wrong. Also, I'm not
using any of the bridge clips that came with the 66 block, so that
also leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong, but the phone jack
that is connected is indeed working along with my DSL.

Can someone please explain how to wire this correctly? I just want my
POTS lines to work without shocking me. I do not care to about using
VOIP, Cat5, adding additional lines, etc.

TIA,
Jack