Re: CFL's and X-10

> "Tom Stiller" wrote:
>>
>>> Did he ever say anything that was factual?
>>
>> From <http://www.epa.gov/mercury/spills/index.htm>
>
> That's for serious mercury spills.  It has no more to do with using CFLs
> in your home than using a thermometer.

No, that IS the official policy for CFLs.
It is basically the same as for thermometers.
It is not that difficult.

My complaints on CFLs are:

SLOW STARTUP
Really a problem for areas that I am in for a short period of time.
A pain in the butt for rooms that I will be in for longer periods but have
to endure low light for a significant time.

LACK OF DIMMABILITY
There are rooms where I want different levels of light depending on the
activity.

--
Bill Fuhrmann