Re: here we come

This just in from Verizon.....

Dear Verizon Online Customer,

As a Verizon Newsgroup service user, we wanted to let you know about
some important changes that we will soon be making to our Newsgroup
service.

On June 24, 2008, we will be modifying our Newsgroup offerings to only
offer groups in the Big-8 Newsgroup hierarchies, which are listed
below.  The 0.verizon.* newsgroup hierarchy will also continue to be
available.  Users will not be able to post or download from any other
newsgroups using our Newsgroup service.

comp.*
humanities.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*

There are no changes required to your software, but you will need to
unsubscribe from all Newsgroups other than the Big 8 hierarchies and
the 0.verizon.* hierarchy noted above.

IMPORTANT: If you continue to subscribe to unsupported newsgroups, you
may experience poor computer performance and slow throughput speeds.
Failure to unsubscribe may also interfere with the functioning of the
Verizon network or use of the network by other Verizon users, which is
a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.

We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve
you in the future.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online