Re: here we come

"B Fuhrmann" wrote:

> It may be that some of the providers decided to play it safe by getting rid
> of larger areas so that no one can say that they left some in or they may be
> looking at the bandwidth and storage on their systems.

It's possible that some of these providers have simply decided to stop
providing a conduit for those who exploit children.  They're not all without
moral convictions.  However, I suppose that some are doing it for precisely
the reasons you've surmised.  Whatever the reasoning, the Internet is
self-healing to a certain extent.  If most of the major providers decide to
drop the ALT newsgroups, Web-based forums may take their place.  If not that,
then some other format is sure to spring up.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics