Re: here we come

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-9964895-38.html?tag=nefd.lede
New York threatened internet providers if they did not block the major feeds
of child pornography.
"Cuomo's office said it had "reviewed millions of pictures over several
months" and found only "88 different newsgroups" containing child
pornography."

However, "Time Warner Cable said it will cease to offer customers access to
any Usenet newsgroups, a decision that will affect customers nationwide.
Sprint said it would no longer offer any of the tens of thousands of alt.*
Usenet newsgroups. Verizon's plan is to eliminate some "fairly broad
newsgroup areas." "

It may be that some of the providers decided to play it safe by getting rid
of larger areas so that no one can say that they left some in or they may be
looking at the bandwidth and storage on their systems.

--
Bill Fuhrmann

On Jun 15, 11:09?am, Joe <s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if the alt newsgroups are dropped by providers as predicted all the ASA
> posters will have to move to comp.home.automation to do our usenet
> postings. ?get ready for fun.

Which providers? Who's predicting? Why ASA?