Re: CFL's and X-10

Mr. Bass wrote:

> I don't know where RG gets his CFL's but I've used them for some time and
> have not seen a single one give off any odor at all.

What were you drinking or smoking when you last *saw* an odor?  (-:  Good
sense tells me to stop here because you're obviously torqued up about
*something*  totally unrelated to the technical issues under discussion.
The CFL smokey burnout problem is real.  Educate yourself:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=CFL+smoked+burned

There's a nice picture of several "burnouts" here:

http://www.execulink.com/~impact/commercial_electric_cfl_EDXO23.htm

We've bought roughly 50 CFL bulbs and 2 of them have burned out rather
violently, just like the bulbs pictured above.  That's about a 4% fiery
failure rate as opposed to a zero rate for tungsten bulbs.  We've never had
an incandescent bulb fill the room with enough acrid smoke to make us think
there was a serious electrical fire.  That honor belongs solely to CFL's.

--
Bobby G.