Re: XTBIIR Install

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the feedback.

The two-level signal is normally what you see when a repeater boosts the 2nd
half of a command.  With no repeaters active in your home, I can think of
several other possibilities:

If you have multiple RF transceivers, it is possible that one might relay
the command first, followed by the second (particularly if that is a RR501).
If the second is closer to the ESM1, its signal would be stronger.

Another possibility is that the first command is triggering a macro in the
CM11A.  Again, if the CM11A is closer to the ESM1, its signal would appear
stronger.

The last idea I have is that there might be a repeater at a nearby home that
shares the same utility transformer.

For two different signal levels, there must be two different sources.

I am not aware of any plug for a RJ receptacle.  If you want to keep the
dust out, how about simply a piece of electrical tape?

Jeff