X-10 controllers for use with Apple II

I'm setting up a remote device control system using three Apple II
computers linked with Nadanet. I've been looking at the X-10 control
programs the Apple II uses, and I'm interested in using a CP290 (or
something similar) attached to an SSC in one of the slaves for proof-
of-concept. X-10 is a new area for me, and I was hoping some of you
experienced guys could recommend (or maybe sell me) a compatible
controller.  Ideally, what I'd like is a device I could directly start
and stop with either Prodos or Applesoft commands. I'd be using the
controller with a single module connected to an electric motor.