Remote touchscreen for audio delivery at dance studio?

We are working with a dance studio to make it a bit easier on the
instructors.

Currently they have their various music burned onto cd's and loaded
into a Sony 5 disk changer.

As you can imagine, while the class is there an instructor has to walk
over to the audio setup, cue up the song after locating it on the
desired cd and the desired track, and walk back and work with the
students.  If necessary to pause or stop the music, it's another trip
over to the audio gear, pause it, shout over to the students (or walk
back) then start the music again.

My desire is to convert their music over to mp3 and have a reasonably
sized touch panel at the edge of the dance floor.

They have computers in the office with the music on them which I can
wire to any point (the audio stack or the touch panel, or both).

So my question is a call for suggestions for the remote panel, and
what would deliver to it.  Is it necessary to have Media Center on a
computer to deliver?

In a nut shell, here is what we have around the rectangular dance
floor.  Audio gear in one corner, office with computers with music on
hard drive in diagonal corner, desired control point for instructor
half way between.

Thanks in advance