Re: Why would I want to use thermostats with the M1-G?

"Bill Kearney" wrote:

> I'm likewise mulling over just how to integrate a thermostat into a
> larger HA setup.

I'm planning to integrate my HVAC system (2 air handlers, 1 zone
each) with the ELK-M1G.  The plan is to switch to communicating
thermostats but with a twist.  I will allow anyone to change the
settings of the stats but every 10 or 15 minutes the system will
reset the stats to my programmed choices for day/time and system
status.  This will allow my wife and her sister to do whatever they
want but only for a few minutes.  Thus I have solved the perennial
problem of marriage between a New Englander and a girl from the
topics.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass