Re: Thermostat access temp info

What do you mean by 'broadband'? If *DSL, then you should be able to connect
the modem just using a filter as you would connect a phone, I'm not familiar
with cable phone connections but, if it includes phone service using a
standard landline phone, you should, again, be able to treat the modem as if
it were a phone, connecting through whatever hardware is used to connect a
phone.

IOW, a modem connects in the same way as a standard, landline telephone so
any broadband service that can connect a standard landline telephone should
be able to handle a modem in the same manner. I still have an internal modem
in one of my PCs and it connects to my ADSL line just like my telephone base
station does.

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org