Re: Does an automatic shutoff energy saver light switch exist?

Teddy Rubberford wrote:

>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:05:48 GMT, Michael Balarama
>> <mbalar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Does an automatic shutoff energy saver light switch exist?
>>>
>>>My parents always yelled at us to shut off our lights constantly and now
>>>I find myself constantly yelling at the kids to shut the lights off. I
>>>know it's a losing cause.
>>>
>>>Maybe there is a better way?
>>>
>>>Do they have automatic-shut-off light switches I can simply remove and
>>>replace my existing standard light switches is? Are they inexpensive
>>>enough
>>>to be practical?

I've seen motion detector light switches at Lowes.  I don't remember the
price, though.  You set them for a certain delay, and after so much
non-movement, they shut off.  What I'm looking for now is a humidity
activated switch that automatically turns on the bathroom fan when it gets
too steamy in there. :)