Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

and telling of the straits and difficulties they were
reduced to by it. She took much notice of it, and it wrought exceedingly
on her compassion. After she had attentively heard him awhile, she went
away to her father, who was in the shop, and entreated him to give that
man a cow: and told him, that the poor man had no cow! that the hunters,
or something else, had killed his cow! and entreated him to give him one
of theirs. Her father told her that they could not spare one. Then she
entreated him to let him and his family come and live at his house: and
had much more talk of the same nature, whereby she manifested bowels of
compassion to the poor.

She has manifested great love to her minister: particularly when I
returned from my long journey for my health, the last fall. When she
heard of it, she appeared very joyful at the news, and told the children
of it, with an elevated voice, as the most joyful tidings; repeating it
over and over. Mr. Edwards is come home! Mr. Edwards is come home! She
still continues very constant in secret prayer, so far as can be
observed, for she seems to have no desire that others should observe her
when she retires, being a child of a reserved temper. Every night,
before she goes to bed, she will say her catechism, and will by no means
miss. She never forgot it but once, and then, after she was a-bed,
thought of it, and cried out in tears, I han't said my catechism! and
would not be quieted till her mother asked her the catechism as she lay
in bed. She sometimes appears to be in doubt about the condition of her
soul; and when asked, whether she thinks that she is prepared for death,
speaks something doubtfully about it. At other times she seems to have
no doubt, but when asked, replies, Yes, without hesitation. In the
former part of this great work of God amongst us, till it got to His
height, we seemed to be wonderfully smiled upon and blessed in all