Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

is both evidence and obscurity to enlighten some
and confuse others. But the evidence is such that it surpasses, or at least
equals, the evidence to the contrary; so that it is not reason which can
determine men not to follow it, and thus it can only be lust or malice of
heart. And by this means there is sufficient evidence to condemn, and
insufficient to convince; so that it appears in those who follow it that it
is grace, and not reason, which makes them follow it; and in those who shun
it, that it is lust, not reason, which makes them shun it.

Vere discipuli, vere Israelita, vere liberi, vere cibus.100

565. Recognise, then, the truth of religion in the very obscurity of
religion, in the little light we have of it, and in the indifference which
we have to knowing it.

566. We understand nothing of the works of God, if we do not take as a
principle that He has willed to blind some and enlighten others.

567. The two contrary reasons. We must begin with that; without that we
understand nothing, and all is heretical; and we must even add at the end of
each truth that the opposite truth is to be remembered.

568. Objection. The Scripture is plainly full of matters not dictated by the
Holy Spirit. Answer. Then they do not harm faith. Objection. But the Church
has decided that all is of the Holy Spirit. Answer. I answer two things:
first, the Church has not so decided; secondly, if she should so decide, it
could be maintained.

Do you think that the prophecies cited in the Gospel are related to make you
believe? No, it is to keep you from believing.

569. Canonical.--The heretical books in the beginning of the Church serve to
prove the canonical.

570. To the chapter on the Fundamentals must be added that on Typology
touching the reason of types: why Jesus Christ was prophesied as to His
first coming; why prophesied obsc