Re: CFL database

which contained the truth, and
thus it has lasted until it no longer contained the truth.

My reverend father, all this happened in types. Other religions perish; this
one perishes not.

Miracles are more important than you think. They have served for the
foundation, and will serve for the continuation of the Church till
Antichrist, till the end.

The two witnesses.

In the Old Testament and the New, miracles are performed in connection with
types. Salvation, or a useless thing, if not to show that we must submit to
the Scriptures: type of the sacrament.

853. We must judge soberly of divine ordinances, my father. Saint Paul in
the isle of Malta.

854. The hardness of the Jesuits, then, surpasses that of the Jews, since
those refused to believe Jesus Christ innocent only because they doubted if
His miracles were of God. Whereas the Jesuits, though unable to doubt that
the miracles of Port-Royal are of God, do not cease to doubt still the
innocence of that house.

855. I suppose that men believe miracles. You corrupt religion either in
favour of your friends or against your enemies. You arrange it at your will.

856. On the miracle.--As God has made no family more happy, let it also be
the case that He find none more thankful.

                 SECTION XIV: APPENDIX: POLEMICAL FRAGMENTS

857. Clearness, obscurity.--There would be too great darkness, if truth had
no