Re: pre-wire home - best practices?

"Robert Green" wrote:

> This is one style of drive ring:

Thanks, Robert.  Those are the same drive rings except they are 1/2"
whereas I use 5/8 or larger and their prices are a tad high.

Also, you don't really need them on every joist.  That's overkill
IMO.  Just place one ring every 3-4 feet and it will be fine.

I should have mentioned that the job will be neater if you bang the
nails into the corner of the joists at a 45º angle rather than
straight up into the bottom edge.  That will place the ring nicely to
carry the main run while joining cables to the run with the least
bend.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass