Re: pre-wire home - best practices?

Jim,

This is one style of drive ring:

http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_DRV.htm

and below is the best I could do to show bunches of cables entering a larger
run of cable "between the rings." Obviously, the rings shown are different
than nail-in drive rings and the spacing shorter than the normal
joist-to-joist drive ring mountings, but the principle is the same.

http://cabletecs.com/phone-systems-gallery.html  (bottom-most photo, bottom
right corner)

--
Bobby G.

"Jim Hewitt" <jim.hewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Robert,
>
> I can't quite picture it. Do you have link to a photo or drawing???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > "Fergus McMenemie" wrote:
> >>
> >> Pay the extra for any wiring you purchase and get the fancy coloured
> >> stuff. Years later when you are extending or sorting anything it is
much
> >> simpler if you can imediatly identify alarm, data mains cables. It also
> >> makes documenting the system clearer and simpler!
> >
> > That's one solution.  Another which I have used for many years is less
> > expensive and IMO equally reliable.  Buy a few Sharpie brand fine point
> > laundry markers.  Before pulling each wire, write directly on the jacket
> > aboiut 2' from the end, "Master-Bedroom Left Window," or whatever.
After