Re: Intermittent operation of 3 appliance modules AM486

Rich <rich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The other oddity that I've noticed is when there are noisy CF's in the
>house, modules that will not respond to an addressed OFF command will
>sometimes respond to an ALL UNITS OFF.

An addressed command requires both an address command and a function
command. If either doesn't get through, the module will not respond. The All
Units Off is just a single function command so it has a better chance of
getting through.

>Also, modules that are physically close to the noisy CF's are not the
>units that fail to respond.  That doesn't make sense to me.

Physically close may not mean electrically close.

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org