Re: CFL database

"Ghost" wrote:

> ... I never heard about proof that any epileptics problems shows
> when one uses TV and fluorescent tube. Just TV is most suspected.

It's not the TV tube that was at fault.  Sometimes program material
can have the same affect as a strobe.  Photosensitive epileptics have
occasionally suffered seizures from such things as looking out the
window of a moving train.  Some are even sensitive to geometric
patterns.

I've seen the effects firsthand, by the way.  Many years ago my then
girlfriend and I were looking at some stuff in the window of a head
shop in Greenwich Village.  It was night and the place was closed but
there was a strobe in the display window.  All of a sudden she went
stiff as a board and fell backward, striking her head on the sidewalk
before I could even react.  She had a grand mal seizure.

After that I tried to learn all I could about epilepsy.  I didn't
know at the time that my little sister would also suffer from it.
One thing I have learned is that there are a lot of people who think
they know all about it and make all kinds of stupid claims based on
supposition and superstition, then use those claims as reason for
illogical behavior.  Dave Houston's comments were among the mildest
I've heard (though still completely wrong, of course).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics