Re: CFL database

Uzytkownik "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisal w wiadomosci
news:A1zfj.97$hS.73@xxxxxxxxxxx
> "Dave Houston" wrote:
>>
>> Interesting link. The high frequencies used by the SMPS are in the range
>> that cause some epileptics problems...
>
> Oh, bullshit!!  Photosensitive epileptics are mostly sensitive to strobes
> in the 5-70 Hz range.  Most photosensitive epileptics tend to be affected
> in the 15 to 20 Hz range.  It varies a bit from person to person but there
> is no problem with high frequencies nor is there a known problem at
> frequencies below about 5 Hz.

I think they maybe talks about something like beat in acoustic. Every waves
could interfere, so if frequencies are close - it may produce new "signal"
with frequency as substraction of interfencing frequencies. But I never
heard about proof that any epileptics problems shows when one uses TV and
fluorescent tube. Just TV is most suspected.