Re: CFL database

"Dave Houston" wrote:

> Interesting link. The high frequencies used by the SMPS are in the
> range that cause some epileptics problems...

Oh, bullshit!!  Photosensitive epileptics are mostly sensitive to
strobes in the 5-70 Hz range.  Most photosensitive epileptics tend to
be affected in the 15 to 20 Hz range.  It varies a bit from person to
person but there is no problem with high frequencies nor is there a
known problem at frequencies below about 5 Hz.

> I wonder how the demise of incandescents will affect treatment for
> SAD.

The "demise of incandescents" is all in Dave's head.  Incandescent
lights are going to have to become more efficient.  They will because
the technology is close to current and there's a huge market for
them.  As to S.A.D., light therapy treatment isn't even FDA approved.
There is anecdotal evidence that it helps but no definitive studies
have been done as yet.  SAD is a type of depression and if sever
enough to affect your QOL, it can be treated with medication.  Jeff
Morgan may be able to advise you best on that subject.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics