Re: CFL database

LOL... Very true. I am moving further north to get away from all the
poluution the Ohio coal burners produce. Of course, only until we can
forcibly take over that state and put scrubbers on our newly aquired
units. We will distract your forces by creating a diversion in the
middle east, first. Gawd damned Reagen and his cutbacks. This was
supposed to be all cleaned up until Bonzo the clown arrived.

"RickH" <passport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Jan 4, 8:20 am, "John J. Bengii" <nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ridiculous argument. One person's situation doesn't make a global
> economy.
>
> Most of these CFLs will go into your landfill sites. Since many of
> us
> in Canada ship our daily garbage to the USA, it will become the
> USanian's problem.
>
> "rlsuse...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <NoSuchPer...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote
> in messagenews:477DB5C5.8010801@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > Some of us have an Ikea only 10 miles away, and some of us manage
> > combine drop-off trips with other shopping that happens to be
> > nearby...
>
> > Anybody who drives 100 miles (or 10 miles, for that matter) just
> > recycle a light bulb is, well, a pretty dim bulb!
>
> > And some of us have pretty high mpg, low emissions vehicles. I
> > burn
> > less than two quarts of gas to make a 20 mile trip...
>
> > John J. Bengii wrote:
> >> We are worried about mercury in the environment but not the extra
> >> gas, CO & CO2 to go 100 miles and back to dispose of every
> >> CFL...LOL

We only want your "huddled masses yearning to be free", not the
garbage.  But then again I heard many US coal power plants are located
along the Canaian border where prevailing winds blow the mercury
north.