Re: CFL database

Lon wrote:

> Yes CFLs generate more light per watt, but have mercury issues.

Why are only CFLs connected with mercury in this discussion?  The good
old 4' tubes have the same "issues" with mercury, and have been around
for decades!

Back, 20+ years ago, we had a guy (knowledgeable) at work that used to
yell at people for turning off the overhead flor lights  at midday, and
then turning them back on at the end of the day (we got dark at 4pm in
the winter).  "it takes more power to turn these lights on than it takes
to keep them on all day!"

Just never get cut from a piece of broken glass from a 4' tube if you
don't want to have a medical issue - yet how many times over the decades
have you heard about this happening to anyone?