pre-wire home - best practices?

Hi,
I'm just starting to wire a new home and was wondering if there is a
document covering best practices. I'm going to install audio distribution,
home automation (insteon at this point), home theatre, security cameras,
multiple computer network spots etc.

I've considered making dual runs of Cat6 to most locations as that seems
most flexible but the baluns are certainly expensive. An alarm installer
suggested running 3 RG59 cables to the HT projector and 14 gauge speaker
wire to all speaker runs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated or pointers to handy documents.

Thanks.