Re: d-day

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:40:55 -0500, John J. Bengii wrote:
> "Neil Cherry" <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:09:53 +0100, Ghost wrote:
>>> Why not good in cold climates?
>>
>> I can't comment the other comments but on the issue of cold I can.
>> Basically the CFL bulb fails to fully light instead it just dimly
>> flickers. One of my neighbors has a CFL on their front porch and if
>> the temperatures are less than about 40F then the bulb just flickers
>> all night long. During the spring/summer and part of the fall months
>> it works great.

> Until the inmternal gases are warmed up the bulb is lucky to show any
> light at all. Electronic ballasts have helped this problem a lot.

First lets fix the order of the messages ... In case you need to know
why:

	A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read
	   text.
	Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
	A: Top-posting.

Now on to my comments on the CFL ... My neighbor's CFL never gets past
dimly flicking on cold days. It's not really surprising as the area
where it's located get the full effects of the wind and the winter
night time temperatures routinely drop below 30F.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx