Re: Keypad only - no electronics

In article <fq66tv$5kk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Ghost <ghost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>    I'm looking for keypads (4-6-8 keys) but withount any "electronic"
>functionality (no controllers, senders etc) - I have my own. I need just
>good looking switches to mount on wall. Do you know any www to get soemthing
>like this?

I've been looking for the same.  On my to-investigate list are the keypads
from touchplate.  They make a relay based system, similar to the GE RR7/RR9
system.  They advertise the keypads as momentary contact switches, and are
priced somewhat reasonably (about $15-$50 depending on the number of
switches and the model), so there probably isn't any custom electronics
in there.

Some seem to fit standard decora sized openings, and some seem to have
their own cover plates.  Some have LEDs, some don't.

As I said, I haven't fully checked them out, but they are top on my
current list for investigation.

If you dig into their products and like what you find (or even if you
don't), please let me know as I'll likely be following the same path in
the near future...

Marcus Hall
marcus@xxxxxxxxxx