Re: How to use X10 to protect a plasma screen?

<jamesleeshowalter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Yes, it can be done with relays. But I was hoping it could be done
> with an X10 module, so I don't have to source relays, solder wires,
> make an enclosure, etc., and also so I don't have to expose a reset
> switch.

The X10 standard appliance module has a "relay" that toggles on/off
mechanically, so it remembers its last position through a power down. That one
won't work. I don't know if their wall outlets do the same. X10 modules
generally have sensing to turn on if the device they operate turns off then on.
Electronic devices like a TV may well turn them on by themselves due to phantom
currents.