Re: Adding length to speaker wires

Install the wire in-wall and use wallplates with spring clips in them.  Cut
the wire are the speaker and run that to the wall plate.  At the receiver,
use the other end of the clipped wire to run from that wall plate back to
the receiver.

If it's using such a paltry wire gauge and proprietary connectors then it's
likely a crappy system anyway.  What is it, a Bose?

Use 14 gauge, that way you'll have decent wire in there when you get around
to buying a better solution.  But even if you don't go in-wall, use the
higher gauge.  Electric extension cord wire is an acceptable cheap solution
for a cheap system.  With the higher gauge you won't, at least, lose volume
and clarity due to the loss caused by the added distance.

-Bill Kearney