Re: Alarm Event Reporting via e-mail

gascop69 wrote:
> Does anyone know of any other software other than Homeseer that can
> send an e-mail on any house alarm event (ie: open, close, trouble,
> etc.)?  I'm using a Napco P9600 panel.  Thanks in advance for
> everyone's response.

There's always central station alarm software.  If you contact your
alarm Dealer, he'll be able to advise you as to whether this is possible
(depending on the software his CS is running).  This would, of course be
predicated on your having a monthly monitoring agreement.  I would feel
much more comfortable (personal opinion) in receiving an email
notification from a trained CS operator that informed me that the
appropriate emergency equipment was *enroute* rather than an email (or
text message) telling me simply that the alarm was going off.  The
problem with receiving these types of messages is the possibility that a
number of hours may have elapsed from when the message was sent to when
you actually received it.  "Fire Alarm" received two hours after the
fact wouldn't leave you much in the way of a house when you finally got
around to calling the trucks.