Re: oil fired furnace X-10 off/on swich control

"Lewis Gardner" <lgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> If you want the advantages of both methods simply add another another
switch in
> series with the paralleled switches or replace the switch with a center
off DPDT switch
> that would provide X-10 OFF ON positions.

That sounds like the ideal solution, because the OP's original specs
indicated that there would be two modes of operation based on the season.
I'd also add a label on the DPDT switch or nearby that clearly indicates the
switch's function in case it's serviced by someone other than the OP at some
point.  In addition to the words

         X-10 | OFF | ON

on the labels I would probably add below that

SUMMER | OFF | WINTER

to make it a no-brainer.

--
Bobby G.