Re: Speech recognition system for Home automation.

"Soren" <soren.skou.nielsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Research has already reached a point where you can get very good
> speech recognition down to a SNR of 10 dB.

I sure wish the SR used by my GPS system was that good.  If there's
any extraneous noise at all it either doesn't respond or does the
wrong thing.  There are also a few humorous recognition errors it
makes.  While experimenting with it I once used a certain vulgar
epithet suggesting one perform an anatomically impossible feat.  The
machine responded, "Would like to find ... a hotel?"  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics