Re: MMIR X-10 Macro IR Module

news:46f3ba0b.2462513671@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Many, if not most, of the higher level PIC compilers, including several
> Basic dialects, support 16-bit arithmetic, some support 32-bit and some
> even
> support floating point. While some do 32-bit rather awkwardly, others do
> it
> with ease (for the programmer).

I have used compilers where rapid code development was more important than
efficiency and performance.  I use them exclusively for code developed to
run on the PC.  However, there are applications where compilers simply won't
do the job.  For example, there are routines in the XTB-IIR where every
microsecond counts, and those routines were carefully coded for fastest
speed.  I know there are compilers where you can imbed hand-coded assembly
where speed is paramount, but I choose to control all the details myself.

What I do is develop my own set of subroutines hand-coded for efficiency,
and include them in my own library.

Jeff