Re: X10 wireless motion sensor recommendation

In article <RTXPi.1233$5c.494@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jch@xxxxxxxxxx
says...
> I want to control the garage floodlights when someone drives or walks
> towards the house.  Instead of replacing the floodlight fixture with one
> containing an integrated motion sensor, I'm thinking of incorporating a
> separate outdoor wireless motion sensor.  I'd place the sensor somewhere on
> the side of the house and hopefully it would detect motion, send a signal to
> my X10 controller which in turn would issue the ON command to the X10 switch
> controlling the floodlight.  Can someone recommend a good wireless motion
> sensor which is X10 compatible?  I'm assuming I can bypass the motion
> detector sometimes and just have the light stay ON when needed.  Thanks in
> advance.

One problem with this approach would be that the light would stay on
forever unless you turned it off manually.  I think you will need a more
sophisticated controller than X-10 offers.