Re: Insteon touchscreen

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:26:28 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:
>> Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>Interesting, I haven't read the entire thread yet (later) but this
>>>looks interesting. I hope I can 'link' (I use that term loosely
>>>not in the strict Insteon sense) it Mr. House. I'm not happy to
>>>have to purchase another PLM.
>>
>> The originator of the thread has added some pictures. Here's a link to the
>> first...
>>
>>      http://www.techav.com/pics/touchscreen1.jpg
>>
>> Unless this thing costs a fortune I think it will be hugely popular.
>>
>> The manufacturer has joined the thread so the details should be forthcoming.
>
>This is looking even cooler, can't wait for the price. I'll have to
>build a cutom bezel (if I get one). I also want to get my hands on
>the First Alert Insteon fire alarms but I haven't seen them yet.
>
>I still think Insteon is going to be top dog but I think Z-Wave is
>going to give it a good run for it's money and be very close.
>
>I'm in the middle of doing research for an HA presentation and it's
>amazing just how many systems still rely on X10 though I did find one
>high end ssystem that used UPB (Omni?).

A picture of a desktop version has been added to the thread. I still haven't
seen a price on it.

     http://www.techav.com/pics/touchscreentt.jpg

Most of the low cost touchscreens have only a USB interface which makes it
tough to adapt them for DIY HA use. Comfile has a larger color touchscreen
with a serial interface. I would probably use it if I had the need for an HA
controller with touchscreen.

     http://cubloc.com/product/02_05.php

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org