auto phone dialing

I need to know from a remote location when AND which doors are left
open in my apartments. My ideal would be if the each apartment phone
would call my remote computer and upload the information at some time
during the night. I need that I can tell which doors are open or
closed in which apartment. I can give each door a unique name or code
and also the apartments could be called A thru Z, for example.
Ideas please.