Re: x10 Help

Hi Guys

Received my elk esm1 today ..;-)

Didnt have a 12v transformer at hand  closest was a 10v ac 1amp .. So i
checked the actual voltage and it was 11.5 unloaded 11 loaded so thought
i would give it a try....

Connected the esm1 to a power strip that a plugin appliance module is
plugged into and got Homevision to send x10 commands to the appliance
module...The appliance module of course worked (thanks to Jeffs xtb
;-)...) but not a dicky bird from the esmi...no green x10 led no bars
on the red bar strip  ;-(....
This was at my computer desk....

So  i thought i would try the esm1 in the loungeroom on a power point
which has a lamp module plugged into....The lamp module responds and so
does the esm1 ;-)...I get the green led and 2 bars on the esm1.....So
looks like it needs calibrating....

I havent received my maxi controller from Laser as yet as i intend to
use that to calibrate the unit...as i think Dave mentioned if its CE
approved it should be txing 5v signal........

Bobby  did you get round to trying the xtb connected directly to your
Homevision...???

Frank

--
Frank Mc Alinden