Button label printing, your thoughts?

I'm wondering if anyone has done anything creative in terms of
printing their button lables for Insteon or other wall keypads that
have clear windows for inserting labels?

I did some buttons with paper and they just dont look all that hot
when the LED light shines through, as the paper fibers look splotchy.

I was thinking of maybe using colored overhead projector transparancy
material for a smoother look.  Or maybe if I can find some opaque
mylar sheets suitable for a laser printer.  I'm going to try vellum
paper next as that seems to have a very consistent look when passing
light.

Ideally I think opaque mylar would work the best, but I have googled
my head off and cannot find letter sized opaque mylar sheets anywhere,
anyone know of a source for this material?

How have you guys made nice professional looking labels on insertable
label keypads?

Because paying Smarthome $7.95 for one damn little laser etched button
is not my idea of a bargain, and paper just aint all that pretty.