Cordless Listening Device

I'd like to have a cordless device to listen to audio that doesn't
come with headphones.  There are many cordless headphones out there,
but I want to plug my headphones into a jack on a little cordless
box.  I just tried a Belkin FM transmitter going to my SanDisk MP3
player with FM tuner as a kludgy solution, but the quality was not
good.  Maybe I should just buy a better FM transmitter, but it would
be great to have a 900 Mhz device as I described, to avoid
interference on the FM band.

The main application is listening to my TV at night.  Right now I use
an extension cord, which sounds great and is cheap.  I have a pair of
cordless headphones I got from Radio Shack, but every time I adjust
their position on my head, it makes EXTREMELY loud mechanical sounds
in my ears.  Now I know why they were $20.

I am taking the $20 Belkin device back to Wal*Mart today, and I am
going to try one of those cassette adapters to use my MP3 player in
the car.  The Belkin worked, but once again sounded terrible.  Here is
the link to the Belkin TuneCast I Mobile FM Transmitter

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2569450