Re: Long distance IR beams interfaced to RS485 based alarm system

"backspace" wrote:

 The fatal flaw with radio communication is spectrum jamming. If you
cut the phone lines the GSM radio will kick in. But if you use
http://www.phonejammer.com - there goes the GSM link.

Fortunately, there just aren't that many people out there using
jammers to block a neighbor's lighting control system.

> The present alarm systems with all their cryptic input panels is a
> joke...

Not really.  Although a skilled person with the right tools and prior
knowledge of the system in use at a given property could get through,
most residential users need not fear.  The guy with the right talents
and the right gear will set his sights on bigger targets.

> We need to use an embedded ARM processor running Linux and Python
> that accepts a text file or some XML standard.\

Build one and I'll market it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass