Re: Wil I be able to use a Z-Wave controller

Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:40:51 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:
>
>> It's not just 50Hz versus 60Hz but also 868.42MHz versus 908.42 MHz used for
>> RF.
>
>What was I thinking, with wireless the power line becomes less
>important (shouldn't be important at all) to the overall operation.
>The frequencies are much more important.

True. It might even be possible to power a USB controller from the USB port.
It depends on power needs.

I'm not sure about these frequencies but at lower frequencies (e.g.
433.92MHz) Europe allows much, much higher radiated RF power.

>> This link gives a brief overview.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave
>
>Good link, thanks!

It has one (probably deliberate) distortion, saying Insteon is based on the
X-10 protocol.

Also, I was confusing Leviton's Vizia line with Intermatic's InTouch line
which is the higher priced 7-hopper. You don't have to worry about whether
4-hoppers can mate with 7-hoppers as all of yours are puny 4-hoppers. ;)