Re: Searching for a easy communication home automation system

Search this forum using "Insteon 50Hz". There were several messages from
someone in India who was experimenting with Insteon in a closed laboratory
system. I do not recall the details but think he had problems because of the
50Hz.

Here are some Zigbee links...
http://www.crestron.com/press_room/press_releases/show_release.asp?press_release_id=1225
http://www.control4.com/
http://www.zigbee.org/en/markets/success_stories.asp

The early USB controller for Z-Wave was actually a serial device with an
FTDI USB->Serial converter. You might tap into the communications stream
between the FTDI chip and controller to reverse engineer the protocol and
then dump the converter chip and make a serial connection.