Re: X10 wireless motion sensor recommendation

"jch" <jch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> T.D. Lassagne <tlassagn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <RTXPi.1233$5c.494@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jch@xxxxxxxxxx
>>>says...
>>>
>>>One problem with this approach would be that the light would stay on
>>>forever unless you turned it off manually.  I think you will need a more
>>>sophisticated controller than X-10 offers.
>>
>> Actually, the X-10 motion sensors automatically send an OFF after a user
>> programmable delay.
>>
>>     http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php?productid=163&cat=0&page=3
>>
>> However, if the OP were to search the forum, he would find that most
>> people
>> find them prone to falsing.
>
> Yes, I've read of some issues but there are at least a few motion
> detectors to choose from.  I can't be the only person to want to control
> outdoor floolights with a motion detector.  I'm hoping someone can
> recommend a particular unit.

I use MS16A ActiveEye motion sensors to turn various outside lights on. How
you position them will determine your success (from my experience).  If you
go to the AHP CM15A message forum you can read a bunch of stuff on the
subject (http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php) .

Tony