Re: Searching for a easy communication home automation system

"Florent Clairambault" <Florent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Search this forum using "Insteon 50Hz". There were several messages from
>> someone in India who was experimenting with Insteon in a closed laboratory
>> system. I do not recall the details but think he had problems because of
>> the 50Hz.
>
>That's pretty annoying

Here's a link to that thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_frm/thread/dacb829344e38dcb/48197e8f467b7b8f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=insteon+50hz#48197e8f467b7b8f

I can only speculate about why it did not work on 50Hz but suspect they use
dead reckoning with a timer referenced to the previous ZC to start the
131.65kHz signal, which starts 800µS before ZC and continues for 1023µS
after. The timing probably is based on the expected line frequency of 60Hz.
You can see oscilloscope screenshots here that show the relationship between
the signal and ZC - the picture labelled B shows it best. You can also see
it diagrammed on p34 of the Insteon white paper at...

http://www.insteon.net/pdf/insteonwtpaper.pdf