Re: Wil I be able to use a Z-Wave controller

"Dan Wright" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<lots snipped>

>Leviton also offers IR remotes to activate wall
>controllers, an interesting touch and low cost.

Good idea given the number needed and the cost. I'm biased towards remotes
as its increasingly more difficult for me to get around so no wall switch,
no matter how many loads it controls, is really convenient. $6 for a Palmpad
is hard to beat.

     http://www.automatedoutlet.com/_search.php?page=1&q=hr12a

Plus, I have a couple of Prontos that can send X-10 RF.

>New work is much easier

Hmmm. I thought the biggest selling point was that it's easy to retrofit.

>The West Coast EFX is coming up in a few weeks in Long Beach.

About 30 years ago I had a condo just down the beach from the Convention
Center (#1 Third Place).

Thanks for the responses. Yours is the only credible reporting on Z-Wave
that I've seen here since it was introduced.