Re: Wil I be able to use a Z-Wave controller

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:45:16 GMT, Dave Houston wrote:

> BTW, I found a reliable source for the 64KB EEPROM and am again actively (if
> slowly) working on roZetta. I've decided to switch to PureBasic for the PC
> side so I can supply interfaces for Windows and Linux (and Mac when there's
> an Intel Mac release of PB). I'm gradually grasping PB and hope to be trying
> to figure out how to enumerate the COM ports (USB->serial included) with PB
> under Linux sometime next week. Tibbo has virtual serial port drivers for
> Linux so I need to learn how to detect those as well.

I've loaded PureBasic Demo but see no libraries to access the
serial ports. I suspect that the easiest solution is to access
a specific name (such as /dev/roZetta) and let the Linux user
link the serial port to that name. This will simplify you coding
This would hold true for any Unix. You can then run an external
command to such as 'stty -F /dev/roZetta speed 9600' to set the
port for your use. Of course twiddling the lines won't be possible
without libraries so that may not be a good solution to everything.

The command to link is:

ln -sf /dev/ttyM0 /dev/roZetta

Unix will access it correctly. In Unix everything is a file.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx