video surveillance dvr systems

I've been looking at these DVR surveillance systems at Costco (http://
www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=4803&eCat=BC|79|4802|4803&whse=BC&topnav=&hierPath=79*4802*4803*&lang=en-US).

A simple 4 channel system would suit me fine. Does anyone have any
recommendation on these systems? How about the brands: Q-See vs
Swann?  I'm wiring my house now and could work any of the wired
systems in pretty easily.  I'd prefer something that doesn't require
MS Windows.  I think most of the Q-See DVR web interfaces require IE.
I'm sure you can output the video directly to a vga output but I have
a feeling most of my interaction would be via web.