Re: HDHomeRun firmware downgrades

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:05:14 -0700, "Bob F" <bobnospam@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message
>> Sometime after the version of firmware that I'm currently running
>> (20070131) SiliconDust has apparently added a lock to the HDHomeRun
>> to prevent the loading of firmware older than the current version.
>> Can anyone who has been following the versions tell me the latest
>> version I can load without being locked in?  SiliconDust won't say.
>> This lock makes it impossible to back out an upgrade if there are
>> application compatibility problems.
>>

>I was considering buying one of these units. This thread has me thinking
>otherwise now.

Why?

They have a perfectly logical explanation of this issue on their
support forum. AFAIK there have been no reports of lost functionality
when upgrading the firmware in the unit. I upgraded the firmware in
mine and I experienced no compatibility problems of any kind.

What, pray tell, is the big deal?
--
More reasons why PayPal SUCKS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_7--e5A1g