Kind of related, but something to consider..

As you put up holiday lights, think about how many of them were made in
China!

As the lead paint issue has hit toys, I noticed that the color was
chipping off many of my "mini lights"..  What's in the flakes that will
be winding up all over my house!

This, the toy recall, the mp3 scams, etc, etc, etc, just make you wonder
what we are doing to ourselves by going with so much stuff from China.