SPDT remote controlled switch?

Is there a SPDT PLC switch available?  One that will absolutely
guarantee that both "throws" cannot become energized simultaneously.
I have drapes that have separate forward/reverse motors, currently
there is a simple hard-wired SPDT switch on the wall for open/off/
close, "Open" energizes the forward motor and "Close" energizes the
reverse motor.  Obviously energizing both motors simultaneously would
quickly destroy the motors and the drapery pulls.  So I need a PLC
switch with a true SPDT relay and 3 programmable "positions", IOW I
dont want to cobble togeter 2 SPST switches and risk having both
motors get energized simultaneously due to a communication glitch.

How can I convert this arrangement to PLC so I can have a remote
controlled drape?