Re: Ethernet Power Line Adapters

In article <46590d12$0$9921$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> There's a very good tutorial on this at www.netgear.com.

Thanks, I will take a look for it.

> As for the
> neighbors, the adapters do have a security feature to prevent that from
> happening.  Wireless has WPA and WEP and the powerline units have
> something similar.

I was not aware of that. I thought the power line adapters were only
providing a path, essentially turning the house wiring into an Ethernet
cable.  I did not know they had any innate security. I have never seen
it mentioned, but will have to look harder now.

> As for the leg to leg issue, it would, of course
> depend on the individual house.

True, but depending how robust they are, it might work in 20% of all
cases leg to leg or 95%.  I have no experience as to what the
probability of success is for leg to leg.

Thanks for your input.